June 9 - July 18, 2014
To help students prepare students for the rigor of college courses at Paul Quinn College, the College holds its annual Summer Bridge on campus. Participating students have the opportunity to earn six college credits before the the fall semester.
Why Summer Bridge at Paul Quinn?
- Summer Bridge increases students' chances of success. Studies show that students who participate in summer college readiness are more prepared for the academic rigor of the college classroom. Paul Quinn's students are no different. Our Summer Bridge participates have consistently proven to be more successful once classes start in the fall.
- Summer Bridge students bond. At Paul Quinn, we have noticed the strong bond that forms among Summer Bridge students. That bond helps our students form great academic and social support systems.
- The curriculum is unique. Students are introduced to Paul Quinn's signature servant leadership development through Introduction to the Quinnite Servant Leadership. The College also draws students' awareness to the importance of healthy living through Quinnite Health & Wellness. Students also take financial literacy and academic success classes.
- Students gain immediate access to College leadership. How many college students can say they have daily access to their respective presidents? Quinnites do. Students immediately develop a relationship with PQC's nationally recognized President Michael J. Sorrell, who teaches the Quinnite Servant Leadership class.
- Dallas becomes the campus. Bridge includes social and community development activities that assist first-year Quinnites with team work and communication skills as well as the and the opportunity to learn more about one of the most exciting cities in America.
Paying for Summer Bridge
Scholarships and grants are available for Summer Bridge. Scholarships are awarded to students on a first come, first serve basis.
For information, contact the Office of Enrollment Management at 214-379-5449. For financial aid information, call the Office of Financial Aid at 214-379-5497.
The mailing address is: Paul Quinn College, Office of Enrollment Management, 3837 Simpson Stuart Rd., Dallas, TX 75146. For hand deliveries, please visit us in the Office of Enrollment Management in Adams 312.
Since 2010, Summer Bridge classes have made it a tradition to leave their marks on the Quinnite Nation.