Monday-Thursday, 9:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
Friday, 9:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
Closed Saturday and Sunday
The Paul Quinn College Office of Financial Aid is committed to finding as many options as possible to ensure that students have access to the Quinnite experience. We work diligently for every family to explore need-based and merit-based resources on the federal, state and local levels. At PQC, we employ a multitude of options from grants to scholarships to loans to our Work Program. To take advantage of these options, families receive counseling and information. Once students become Quinnites, they are even counseled on exploring additional scholarship resources through our signature PQC External Scholarship Sessions.
Federal and State Aid
Students interested in applying for federal and state financial aid should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as early as possible, after January 1 of each year. Financial assistance is available to students who complete the necessary application and are determined eligible. The Student Financial Aid staff will evaluate each student’s need and make awards based upon the information obtained from the Student Aid Report (SAR) or Institutional Student Information Report (ISIR) and in accordance with federal, state and College policies and guidelines.
To receive Federal Financial Aid, an applicant must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen
- Be registered for Selective Service (If you are male)
- Not have been convicted of an offense involving the possession or sale of an illegal substance
- Not owe a refund on a federal grant or be in default on a federal educational loan
- Have a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent on file in the Office of Enrollment Management
- Enroll in at least six hours (for most financial aid programs)
- Make satisfactory academic progress towards the completion of a degree
Steps to Apply for Financial Aid
- Gather all the proper documents
- Apply for a FAFSA PIN number. Both students and parents must have separate PIN numbers in order to electronically sign the FAFSA on-line
- To apply for a PIN go to www.pin.ed.gov
- The code for Paul Quinn College is 003602